Friday, August 21, 2015

Blog Goals:

I need a goal. I need lots of goals. I'm a type A personality and simply cannot do something just for the sake of doing it. The pros and cons need to be laid out. The lists need to be made. It is who I am.

So here it is. Goals for the blog.

My goals here are simple. Write. Inspire. Encourage.

In all my writing, here on the blog or in my book, I hope you can find inspiration and encouragement. I'm just an average person who has lived life. All I can hope to do is share how I made it through this far and encourage you to overcome as well.

I hope to accomplish these three goals a couple of different ways.

1. I am going to write about our adventures with life. I want to be real with you. I don't just sit behind a computer every day writing blog posts. I am living life, sometimes in the trenches, right along with the rest of you. I do know, however, that God will get me through each day.

2. I will post quotes, bible verses, or other inspirational saying. Why keep something to myself that might be exactly what you need that day! My goal is to encourage and inspire.

3. I will post pieces of poetry I have written myself or portions of text from the book. I want you to be able to see the heart and passion behind my writing.

I still cannot believe I'm writing a book. I have sent in the first initial chapters in for review. It was so scary and rewarding at the same time. This has always been a dream of mine. Ever since I can remember I have loved words. If you know me at all you know I love to talk, I talk a lot. Writing is an extension of that. Writing allows me to police all the thoughts, ideas, and stories floating around in my head on paper.

The next few chapters of the book have been on hold while we move our life to a different state. I'm excited to get back to the paper and write, write, write.

No comments:

Post a Comment